Thursday, August 19, 2010

NYFW: Isaac Mizrahi Fall/ Winter 2010/ 2011

When I hear the name of Issac Mizrahi I always imagine a range of chic and beautifully designed dresses and suits, those which will look perfect on the red carpet. That explains why I felt a bit disappointed when the Autumn/ Winter 2010/ 2011 collection was unveiled during New York Fashion week.

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 19

The range included a few luxurious and sophisticated dresses but mostly it was rather humble and more ready-to-wear than usual.

The designer said:

I’ve been thinking about camping. It’s a theme I always return to—anoraks, parkas, Eskimos, plaid, quilting.”

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 2

Exactly these pieces we saw on the runway – many variations of those. Warm anoracks, quited jackets, hooded cardigans and pretty coats looked great. And some came together with evening gowns.

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 5

But the focus of the attention was a coctail dress. Some of those were bright and glitzy, others came in dark reserved colors.

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 11

The entire collection looked good, very wearable. But I do love Issac Mizrahi for his eveningwear and hope the next range will correspond to my taste more.

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 1

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 3

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 4

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 6

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 7

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 8

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 9

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 10

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 12

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 13

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 14

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 15

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 16

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 17

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 18

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 20

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 21

isaak mizrahi fall winter 2010 2011 22

0 comments:

Post a Comment